Join us - become a Member
It does not matter if your ancestors were not born in Weston-super-Mare or North Somerset. In 1804 the population of Weston-super-Mare was only 106 so it is not surprising that there are not many Westonians amongst us! Many of our local members have no connection with Weston until they themselves came!
When you are ready to progress and once registered you can, in addition to the above:
- add your own Research Query,
- read (or download) Society Journal articles,
- send emails to members for any purpose, e.g. where you have common Surname Interests or wish to collaborate on other matters.
- post a comment on any items on the site available to affiliates, such as news items, Research Queries or members's Surname Interest records.
add & edit your own Surname Interests (there is no limit to how many you add),
- read (or download) and search any Society Parish Transcripts,
- read (or download) Society Journals,
We are continually working to improve your site and some forthcoming features to look forward to include facilities for uploading files and photos for sharing.
Whether a beginner or more experienced there is a place for you with us.
For Full Members our year starts on the 1st January, those joining towards the end of the year may indicate that they wish their membership to commence on the following 1st January. A Full Member joining during the year will be sent back copies of the Journal for that year if available. Three types of membership are offered:
Worldwide member taking the Journal in electronic format.
Printed - UK
UK member taking the Journal in printed format.
Printed - Non UK
Non UK member taking the Journal in printed format.
To apply for membership download the application form below then send the completed form along with a cheque for the correct amount (payable in sterling only) to the address shown on the form. Or use the Parish Chest to join online.
Please note: If you want to pay your subscription using the Standing Order facility (payable in sterling only), then this completed form MUST be sent to your bank and not to the Society. Still send the completed membership form to the Society.
Click Here To Download Membership Form